SC - Sticking It (Gold Leaf)

Wed Sep 24 11:48:00 PDT 1997

  Can someone please post a procedure for making gold-leaf stick to marzipan?
  I don't have a lot of leaf, and I need it for this coming weekend for my
  friend's wedding soteltie. Will it stick on it's own, or should I brush the
  areas with egg-white? Does anyone know the answer here? It's my first
  time<<blush>> using  gold leaf.

When I was taught to do it, we used small cookies and marzipan coins, and
made an egg white wash.  I suspect that, in a pinch, even a water wash would
do.  But I'd stick with what I know.

	Tibor