SC - pickled fruit

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Wed Sep 24 13:24:43 PDT 1997

((Please excuse the bandwidth, posting to list incase anyone else may benefit from this discussion also.  If anyone would prefer we took this privately, please let me know privately.  Thank you all for the bandwidth and the patience.)

Kimib2 wrote:
<<I thought I had posted to her privately...then later I sent a corrected post
and it seems that both of them ended up sent to everyone...But I had a
suspicion that it would turn out like that, I had seen others who rescinded
privated/public posts on the list, so I went ahead and added the " so sue me"
part... as a joke. Nice to see I wasn't wrong on that part.
    Now I know from experience how she felt, I got slammed repeatedly and for
extended lengths of time when I posted the joke thing to the list....in fact
am still getting private email slamming me!!! just the tones of responses are
vicious, even if they do not mean to be....or maybe they do...I really dont
know. But it does make me extremely leery of responding AT ALL, never knowing
when someone is going to jump me....just my 2 cents worth (ahem, does YOUR
keyboard have a "cent" mark? I have the $$$ but not the cents....I guess I
have a stunted keyboard!!!)
kimib2>>

Hey sweetie, don't worry.  We went through this when I joined the mail list too, with another list member.  I even sent an email to someone privately asking advice on something they posted and they never even responded.  I posted this experience to the list, leaving out the names and received an apology privately, saying that she hoped I wasn't talking about them because she was afraid that I was.  She apologized for everyone, if it wasn't her, and offered to correspond with me privately on any questions I may have had.

People are nice, and people are nasty.  I just take most posts as they are.  A way to communicate that my not be as eloquent as if they were talking in person.  Please do not let some people with "no" sense of humor ruin your enjoyment of the list.  there is so much to learn, even if you just lurk (I have an archive at home on my computer, and printed out in a notebook of recipes from the list so that I could make sure and credit the right people if I ever need to use them) which is what I did for a couple of months, until I felt comfortable.  The reason I began to feel comfortable is the number of people who asked for my posts even though my knowledge pales in comparison to 90% of the people on the list.

Please, everyone, do not judge all by the actions of few.  If I stopped eating fruit the first time I had a sour grape, my life would not be nearly as pleasant.

Murkial

Oh and BTW I have no cents (on my keyboard) at all..... ;D