SC - Shortbread help, p

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 24 14:40:36 PDT 1997

- ---Marisa Herzog <marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu> wrote:
> So no pickles other than compost?
> -brid
> (who also has images of soil additives with this word,
> and so is muttering "chutney-chutney", which she loves,
> to counteract the homonym)

There Is An Alternative. (Or at least I *think* that
there is.)

What others have been referring to as a fruit compoSt
is yet another set of variations upon what I've previously
and generally seen referred to as fruit compotE.

I bow to the learn'd scholarship of others as to which
term derives from the other, having not directly
researched the matter myself. (So, like, who's got
some time to take a swing through the OED?)

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle / Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra /
Mike C. Baker       F.O.B. (Friend Of Blackfox)
My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!