SC - Shortbread help, please

Russell Gilman-Hunt conchobar at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:06:08 PDT 1997

>ooh, ooh!  would that be why sometimes my chocolate chip cookies come
>out all raised and solid, instead of really thin and chewy between the
>chips (almost like a soft chewy candy texture), the way I -want- them
>to?  because I'm creaming the sugars and marg. too well, not leaving
>enough little butter lumpettes (sic)?
>Chimene

Yep. I always stir the dough with a spoon, not a mixer, and there's always
lots of little lumps left.  Haven't had a bad batch in years.  Also, I
always check each batch after about 5 minutes in the oven - As it gets
hotter, cooking times get less, and this also helps keep'em chewy.

Raffaella, who's happy friends get cookies from her every year at x-mas