SC - Re: cane honey

Thu Sep 25 11:00:51 PDT 1997

Oops.  In my cut and paste haste, I lost the correct attribution
to this quote. . . sorry.

>But the shortbread turned out hard as a rock.  Even my kid won't eat
>it, and
>she was raised in the SCA, she'll try anything.  (She did try it, but
>with a
>couple of teeth missing -- she's seven -- didn't have the confidence
>bite
>hard enough to snap a piece off.)

Well, I did this too, had the same problem, and cooked it probably
too long on the wrong pan (one of those double, insulated ones that
doesn't brown properly.)  It came out hard as a rock, so hard that
I was using a hammer to bash hunks of it apart.

I did something I've wanted to try anyway.  I made turkish coffee
and dunked the shortbread into it like a biscotti.  I haven't made
faces like that since the chocolate mousse cake/espresso stunt I
pulled at a resturaunt.

I've wanted to make turkish coffee since I picked up an ibrik for $1
at a garage sale.  The seller's response was "what is it, anyway?"
heh heh.

===
One man's fish is another man's poisson.

Conchobar
AoA, WOAW, A&S Champion of Three Mountains
Apprentice to Ollamh Lono of Adiantium