SC - feverfew

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Thu Sep 25 11:19:56 PDT 1997

DianaFiona at aol.com wrote:

>       To drag this more or less back on topic---does anyone remember
> any
> mentions of feverfew in period herbals? I haven't checked for it
> specifically............
>
> Ldy Diana

My lady, Gerard (1597) lists it, although he calls it "featherfew."   I
have on "Early American Gardens" which documents that they are the same
thing.  It's listed as a "women's" herb, good for childbirth and other
female "complaints."  I only took a cursory glance through the "Newe
Iewell of Health" but didn't find it.  (I've got to try some of those
cough drops...)

Rosalinde (who would dearly love to have a back yard big enough to build
a Balneo Mariae)
- --
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/