SC - re- late feasts/c

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 25 15:39:10 PDT 1997

Caitlin Cheannlaidir wrote:

> I'm not sure I would assume that; I have at least one correspondent from the West who says that events are frequently followed by everyone going out for chinese food, and that of the 3 or so feasts she's attended, 2 were virtually inedible.  It doesn't take many inedible feasts before autocrats decide not to bother budgeting for a feast at all, especially if the local culture doesn't demand it.

Stop! You're reducing an old man to tears! (Well, a youngish guy with a
sprinkling of salt to his pepper, anyway...)

> Here in Atlantia, it is the rare event that doesn't inlcude a feast of some sort.

Naturally: Atlantia is the offspring of the East!  ;  )

Of course, there is the case of that large A & S event that used to be
in the East, and is now in AEthelmarc, where the event got so big that
the locals began calling in caterers. Now that was some bad food!

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com