SC - Laurels for cooking

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 26 05:50:52 PDT 1997

Murkial,

Would you please e-mail me privately? I can't get the cook's badge artwork
to send to your address. A "Reply" might work better than anything else, for
sending purposes. That way I get all your little computer codes and secret
handshakes.

The rest of the List,

Anyone else wanting the artwork for the cook's badge should e-mail me now,
if you havn't done so already. It's ready to send. I will send a b&w file
and a rather shoddily colored  color file (my apologies--carpul tunnel and
corel-photo-paint don't go together). They took me 2 minutes each to
download at 28.8 in the middle of the night. His Grace Tibor needs to finish
checking for conflicts----he does have a real life, outside this
baron/herald/cook/swell-guy  thing. However, it's based upon what he's
checking, and I looked at a heraldry book I inexplicably own, for clues. Our
Salamander is more Salamander like (they're dragon-like, heraldically), but
we can alter the drawing of the badge for purposes of passing things, and
then represent it any way we like afterwards. It would take very little to
make our girl look more dragon like, should anyone have a need.

Please note that in order to have a *real* badge it needs to pass. In order
to have some cool symbol we can all recognise, however, we merely need to
distribute the artwork.

BTW, for cross-stitch purposes, simply blow up the design. I looked at it at
300 percent, and it looked like a cross-stitch pattern to me!

Description (in english): On a black field (or fieldless if you prefer), a
white triangle. Inside is a salamander (red/orange) facing left, with the
head looking over the front shoulder. She is "enflamed", or surrounded by
yellow flames. Her tail curves from the bottom right to the bottom left, and
twines around a horizontal wooden spoon (brown), whose bowl is to the right.

Other details: I like to call her Sally. She's got a smirk on her face. If
this has conflicts, I suggest we loose the triangle, and make a black field,
and add a border of some sort.

Aoife
liontamr at ptd.net