SC - honey taffy

Allyson Tripp Rozell atripp at sfu.ca
Fri Sep 26 21:18:06 PDT 1997

>                      advise (oop)                                 9/26/97
>
>A household-member has just challenged me to a dessert competition for Crown.
>There is no period constraint.  These are what I make best that travel well.
>She doesn't work full time and has a decent kitchen, so I am gonna even the
>odds by asking list opinion:
>cheese cake (my dad's secret recipe) chocolate or white
>berry pie (brown sugar and spice)
>almond pie
>flourless chocolate torte
>votes?
>thanks
>-brid

It is my experience that in the SCA, chocolate desserts always win over
period ones. *sigh*. If your goal is to win, unless the judges are Tibor
and Berengaria :), the flourless chocolate tourte will do it, especially
if served with a nice raspberry sauce. Garnish the heck out of it, and
you're a shoe in.

- --Anne-Marie

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau