SC - Re: Pulled Sugar

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 27 05:39:09 PDT 1997

Don't have the specific date, but about a year and a half ago Sunset
Magazine did a right up that discussed all the reasons for the difference
in choc-chip cookies, from the creaming process to the size of the egg to
humidity in the air etc.  I will try to find the citing, but the assorted
varibles were very interesting and in some ways were pertinet to other
cookies etc.

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, DUNHAM Patricia R wrote:

> ooh, ooh!  would that be why sometimes my chocolate chip cookies come
> out all raised and solid, instead of really thin and chewy between the
> chips (almost like a soft chewy candy texture), the way I -want- them
> to?  because I'm creaming the sugars and marg. too well, not leaving
> enough little butter lumpettes (sic)? THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for the
> idea!  we've been going nuts the last year or two, never knowing what to
> expect out of the oven, but mostly not getting what we really want!
>
> Chimene
>  ----------
> | From: Mark Schuldenfrei
> | To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> | Subject: Re: SC - Shortbread help, please
> | Date: Thursday, September 25, 1997 7:00AM
>
> (snip)|
> | I surmise (but will rely on better bakers than I) that it was because
> the
> | dough became too homogenous.  I think it's the little bits of butter
> that
> | melt and absorb into the surrounding flour

Sabia of St Kildas {sabia at unm.edu}

Those who would have true victory, must first have honor.