SC - Composte

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 29 08:28:11 PDT 1997

Hello everyone!

In preparing for my feast, I did a mini-gathering of a few friends this weekend and tried all my feast dishes (none of the people invited belong to the SCA so I was looking for a mundane idea of edible).  Everything came out okay but one thing and that is what I need the help with.

I made armored turnips and this is how I made it:

3 Turnips (fresh, couldn't find any frozen)
1/2 cup milk
sprinkle of ginger
sprinkle of cinnamon
Mild cheddar cheese

Boiled the turnips until done.  Cooled, then peeled and sliced.  Put into a 8X8 baking dish.  Poured in the milk.  Sprinkle the tops of the turnips witrh the spices. Then place the cheese on the top and baked at 325 for about 35-40 minutes.

The problem was that there was an awful bitter aftertaste to the turnips.  You tasted them and they were lovely, then you had to clear the taste from your mouth with another food quickly.

What did i do wrong??

Murkial af Maun
Christi Redeker
Global Service Desk
Digital Equipment Corporation
Colorado Springs, Colorado

"If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?"