SC - Cook's Badge Update

JTRbear@aol.com JTRbear at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 19:38:04 PDT 1997

>   Kim chee. It ain't for wimps.
>
> Food you bury and dig up seldom is.
>
>         Tibor (YUMM!!!  It's fat free!!!!)

and Adamantius added:

> I've been sitting here and making a list, in my head, of foods that are
> traditionally buried. And none of them ARE for wimps...

> Gravadlax
> That weird Icelandic cheese stuff made from Greenland shark, but whose
name I forget
> Real barbecue
> Almost the entirety of a clambake
> Thousand-year-old eggs
> Poteen (debatable food value, but a fine beverage...)
> And, of course, kim chee

And don't forget the main ingredients of your traditional Hawaiian luau -- kahlua pork/beef, wrapped in banana leaves and buried in a hole full of red-hot rocks overnight...

Hmmmmm.... I wonder if that's how the tandoori "clay oven" had its beginnings as well?

	- kat
	cathedral floor sweeper

	(Ahhh!  Light at the end of the tunnel... only TWO digests to go!!!!)