SC - Quality of ingredients

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 20:48:24 PDT 1997

<< Does anyone know if
 boiling it in the skin might have had some hideous effect? >>

I have never pre-cooked turnips before using. I would suggest that the
re-cooking of the turnips may have caused the bitterness. (Left-over
turnips[e.g. re-heated] are not a pleasant thing.)

Another cause may have been the way the turnip was grown and/or it's age.. As
with most vegetables they are sweeter and tenderer when consumed young. Older
turnips are somewhat woody and bitter. Alternatively, turnips are a COOL
weather crop and if  grown AND harvested in hot weather they develope a
decidedly bitter quality.

Lord Ras