SC - Advice: Apple brown betty (OOP)

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Tue Sep 30 00:30:21 PDT 1997

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Louise Sugar wrote:

> I am now in day 4 of the worst migraine attack I have had in years.....even
> the fish tank is too loud..I want to glue my kids to the ceiling and kick
> my husband....  :D
>
> all I want to do is sleep...my house looks like several bombs hit it and I
> have company coming.  Dr says that it is partially sinus infection, part
> ragweed allergy, part stress and part my natural migraine cycle (that time
> of the month).  He tells me to take it easy and I should feel better by the
> weekend (2 of 4 factors should be gone by then)
>
> Geez, ain't I lucky   :/

Honestly, the best cure for the allergy bug in this kingdom (Ansteorra)
has been Cayenne pills, one three times daily. No allergies since I
started, and my migraines went from "DEATH TO ALL!" to "dim light is good
light..." . They also were reduced in severity. Now, I met a nice lady at
Defender who told me echinacea did nothing for migraines. It's helped me
immensely (for those of you not in the know, Echinacea is reported to
increase immune function, but is not recommended for long term constant
usage). Using Cayenne and Echinacea together removed 90% of the migraines
I did have. Now, I know if we have an ozone alert day and I don't wear
sunglasses, I get migraine which lasts for about an hour after I get out
of the sun.
There is also some research which suggests the intense light sets off a
migraine when around some other trigger (tannins or caffeine, for
example). IMHO, sunscreen, sunglasses, and wide brimmed hat while not
period may help immensely.

Esko Sola

***
"Sanity is a one-trick horse. Sure, it gives you nice things like rational
thought, but when you're insane THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!!!"  -- The Tick

Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is Mac.                                      \\\\|////  'Hi'
He wants to travel the world.                     ( O   O ) /
Please add him to your .sig and help him.    ---oOOo--U--oOOo---

"Of course that's my opinion -- I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

"I started out Catholic, now I'm an American." -- George Carlin