SC - sinus headaches (was:I need willowbark)

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Tue Sep 30 00:40:55 PDT 1997

>  > ok, I give up...try Stadol or Demerol....great stufff, if you can get
> it!!!
>  > kimib2 (who knows from experience about Stadol and Demerol)
>
>  <Yanks soapbox off mule>
>  STADOL AND DEMEROL? ARE YOU DAFT? Yeah, great stuff, but two of the most
>  abused drugs I get to see. Stadol especially should NOT be used long term.
>  For a headache? Just a headache? Better to bleed off some bodily fluids
>  than get stuck on these two.
>  <Puts away soapbox>
>   >>

> NOT AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!! AND I do not abuse my Stadol (migraines) or
> Demerol (for the very rare times the Stadol doesn't work. Havent needed
> Demerol in almost 2 years....must say something good for the Stadol, doesn't
> it?) Besides, you have to have an addictive personality to begin with in
> order to abuse these!!!
> kimib2 (dont forget, I'm a nurse!)

(Soapbox pt 2)
Considering the sheer volume of times I have to call doctors offices and
inform them that the combinations of medications they are giving their
patients are dangerous if not lethal, I am not convinced that any medical
degree short of one in pharmacy has much value in interactions. I have
been a certified tech for four years. Dad was psychiatrist, and my
playtime was spent in a hospital. I still don't know everything -- the
computer catches far more than I do. But I'm the one who had to call up a
nurse and explain to her that Erythromycin and Seldane was NOT a good
combination; my pharmacist was the one who testified at the trial for
negligence.

And no, you don't need an addictive personality to become addicted to
medications -- it only helps. Many many MANY medical professionals have
become addicts because they subscribe to this belief. The body can become
dependant on anything, and the rate of addiction is as individual as the
person.

As for any implication that anyone on this list was abusing anything, I
apologize for it was not intended that way.

<tosses soapbox into fireplace>

Finally, to put this thread back on topic; what spices have people here
had a problem with for mass audiences? I know garlic and onion can get on
some peoples nerves, but I'd like to know if there are others many have
trouble with.

Esko Sola

***
"Sanity is a one-trick horse. Sure, it gives you nice things like rational
thought, but when you're insane THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!!!"  -- The Tick

Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is Mac.                                      \\\\|////  'Hi'
He wants to travel the world.                     ( O   O ) /
Please add him to your .sig and help him.    ---oOOo--U--oOOo---

"Of course that's my opinion -- I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

"I started out Catholic, now I'm an American." -- George Carlin