SC - bay leaves

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Tue Sep 30 09:00:32 PDT 1997

I don't know about mass audiences, but my "tree" sensitive husband did
have a small anaphylactic reaction (that's when your throat closes up,
impairs breathing rather) the last time he got an accidental grain or
two of cinnamon (in a "burnt" sugar-coating peanut candy)

He has enough other food sensitivities that feasting is not on our
agenda 8-( (tho we do feast-cook occasionally).  But you should try
baking, holiday cooking, mundanely, let alone period, without cinnamon!

Anybody have any brilliant ideas on how to get around
leaving-out-the-cinnamon?

About the most useful suggestion I've gotten so far was from a very nice
lady at (Eating Well?) magazine, to just leave it out and go on.  But
sometimes that (would) just change things too much.

TIA
Chimene

Patricia R. Dunham - Eugene Public - 100 W 13th Ave - 97401
patricia.r.dunham at ci.eugene.or.us - 541-984-8321
http://204.203.17.34/library (EPL)     <<<>>>
http://members.aol.com/gerekr/medieval.html (home)