SC - Problem Spices (WAS: need willowbark)

Bronwynmgn@aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 18:01:48 PDT 1997

Peters, Rise J. wrote:

> I wonder sometime if some of the mis-flavorings we note in feasts
> (cooked by
> others, of course) aren't due in part to the fact that dishes
> frequently
> don't get to cook as long as they should.

You're right, of course.  And as someone else pointed out, it's possible
that the dishes were supposed to have such a dominant flavor.  I know I
can't eat "hot and sour" soup, but that's the way it's supposed to be.
I have to remember that my personal preference for seasonings doesn't
mean the cook's idea is "wrong."

Rosalinde
- --
My latest story - TEA FOR TWO - available October 1
at The Case (http://www.thecase.com/twist)
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/