SC - Serving at a Feast

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Sun Sep 7 22:13:27 PDT 1997

>Bonnie L. Clapshaw wrote:
>>
>> Greetings unto the List.
>>
>> I am looking for advise or suggestions regarding feast servers.

Adamantius suggests:>
>Check Bridget Anne Henisch's "Fast and Feast", Terence Scully's "The Art
>of Cookery in the Middle Ages", and last, but (surprisingly enough) not
>least, the Larousse Gastronomique entry entitled "Ecuyer Tranchant".

Please, also check out _The Art of Dining_ by Sara Paston-Williams.
Lovely book, pretty pictures and she really gets into describing HOW food
was eaten as well as what, etc. Also, Scully's translation of Chiquarts
work has a neat section in the front where he discusses the titles of the
people on Chiquart (big chef guy for a Savoy duke in 1400's) payroll.

Good for you for doing this extra bit! From our experience, we find that
it adds immeasurably to the overal impact of a meal.

- --Anne-Marie (who might stay for dinner at November Crown Council now :))

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau
rousseau at scn.org
Seattle, Washington