SC - Snails and Salamanders

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Sep 11 08:27:02 PDT 1997

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt wrote:

> Actually, I WAs going to say Salamanders, that being the other thing my
> garden is currently over-run with, but then I was afraid of starting a
> discussion on recipes for love potions or some such other nonsense.
>
> Aoife--who drives around the orange salamanders in the driveway cause
> they're so darned cute.

To use a salamander, make a recipe's worth of Digby's Savory Toasted
Cheese, or perhaps a Cambridge Burnt Cream. Take your salamander and
heat it in the coals until red hot, or if it is the kind that you fill
with hot coals, do that. Apply the red-hot salamander to the upper
surface of the food until golden brown, crusty, and aromatic. Did I
mention yummy?

There! To quote a former mayor of the city in which I live, "How'm I
doin'?"

> ****Equal Rights for Slugs. Snails have feelings, too. Plus, they have
> eyeballs on the ends of stalks and leave a cute little silver trail behind
> them when they glide peacefully along.******

I'm sure Lord Justinian the Sluggard, owner of Sable Slug Enterprises,
would be pleased...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com