SC - Slug-fest '97

Library Staff betpulib at ptdprolog.net
Fri Sep 12 10:13:44 PDT 1997

Hi there. Aoife, from work. I found that book. The slugs in question were
actually Palm-maggots. I was right. You bite the heat off and eat the
rest raw. It's _supposed_ to taste like bacon.

Maggots, of course, are a different food source than slugs. I'm not going
to tell Raz that I WON'T eat them, however, cause he'll serve tham at his
next feast and make a point of asking me if I like it before telling me
what it is. It sorta makes you re-think that whole bacon thing, doesn't
it. Where do they get those "ends and pieces"?

The book, in case anyone is interested (it's a good read) is called No
Mercy: A Journey to the Heart of the Congo by Redmond O'Hanlon, pub.
Alfred Knopf (a Borzoi book), Copyright 1996,1997 by Redmond O'Hanlon,
ISBN 0-679-40655-7 hardcover $27.50 (not yet out in paperback).

If MY tiny library has it, I'll bet yours does, too.

Cheers!

Aoife, now on to more appetising stuff.