SC - FW: query re period recipes

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Mon Sep 15 13:52:14 PDT 1997

>>All right, I went to Cariadoc's and found 2 recipes- one for Hais and one
>>for gingerbread (there's a lot more, but those looked like they'd ship).
>>Only the gingerbread calls for 1/4t of saunders. I know a George Saunders,
>>but I doubt he'd taste good in this. Do you know what they're talking
about?

Terry, I'm passing your question along to the experts.

Good gentles,

I have this general recollection that it has something to do with
sandalwood, but I obviously need to practice reading with attention to
detail.

So, folks, how would a new cook in West Virginia find either (a) saunders
(not George) or (b) an acceptable substitute?

=Caitlin