SC - edible peers

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Sep 16 08:52:02 PDT 1997

Par Leijonhufvud wrote:

> Can't I sing the cooking related part of Tom Lehrers "The Irish Ballad"
> instead? Please? "...an Irish stew, And invited the neighbours in...".
> Just as long as we don't end up like her mother...

Sure. But "A Little Priest" is an entire song about cannibalism, not
just one stanza. And as much as I love Tom Lehrer, I'd rather listen to
Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury any day.

L.C. : Is that squire...on the fire?
A.L. : Mercy, no sir, look closer...you'll notice it's grocer!
L.C. : Looks thicker...More like vicar.
A.L. : No, it has to be grocer --it's green!

Adamantius, fighting a powerful urge to make up verses about meat pies
made from the different SCA peerages

(Lovely bit of knight. Try a little bite.
Yes, but when I finally bit it
It swore that I hit it
Too light)

With apologies to present company, etc. !!!  It's just that 'knight ' is
easier to rhyme than some of the others...Will folks feel better if I
work on a laurel verse?
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com