SC - Types of Feasts...

cole joan jscole at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 16 17:25:19 PDT 1997

> Please remember to make sure there is an area to clean hands, or don't make greasy, or sticky, finger foods.  in a dance collegium everyone will have to touch there partners food if not washed off first!!
>
> Murkial
>
> ----------
> Some ideas for the dance symposium off the top of my head include:
>
> small mushroom turnovers
> Scandanavian rolled sandwiches
> grapes, sliced fruits, cheese slices
>
> Basically stuff that doesn't drip and can be easily transported.

Make cheesecakes in cupcake tins (individual)
Make savory tarts (quiches) putting the crust down on a jelly roll pan and
cutting little squares
Hais
grapes are guaranteed to disappear, especially if you remove them from
their bunches (this also helps discourage against one person taking a
quarter of your grape supply in one shot)
cheese cut in little squares
nuts

candies

Set out some bowls of water and float potpourri in them (so people realize
they are not drinkable), put signs announcing that they are fingerbowls,
and have some attractive little towels for hand drying as well.

Hildegarde