SC - Types of Feasts...

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Wed Sep 17 22:03:00 PDT 1997

Michael F. Gunter 9/16/97 10:59 AM

>Some ideas for the dance symposium off the top of my head include:
>
>small mushroom turnovers
>Scandanavian rolled sandwiches
>grapes, sliced fruits, cheese slices

There are a number of fine mushroom pasties recipes available to choose
from as well as pies.  There are various and good meat pies and pasties
as well as various desserts that would work.  However, I haven't seen any
rolled sandwich recipes in any of the period cookbooks I have looked at.
In fact, now that I think of it, I haven't seen any recipes or mention of
sandwiches. Is that in fact a fairly new invention? It seems impossible
but not having chocolate in period seemed impossible to me once.

Clarissa di Firenze