SC - Website Suggestions for photos

Erin Kenny Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca
Thu Sep 18 01:15:41 PDT 1997

> Posting the photo on a web site constitutes "publishing" and is a
> violation of copyright.  Whether the photographer would sue or not is a
> different question.  Penalties would be decided by the court in the case
> of a lawsuit.
>
> Depending on the jurisdiction and the precise laws invoked, putting the
> photograph on the web site is illegal.  Would you get sued?  Probably
> not, unless the photographer was a big name or the subject was one that
> could make a lot of money.

OK, so I'll only post things from people who have explicitly given
permission.  If I know it's illegal, then it would be unethical to do
so -- I'm really not concerned about being sued (this isn't a
profit-making venture).

Hope I didn't offend anyone, I just want to be able to see and share
these cool pictures.

Claricia Nyetgale
(Erin.Kenny at sofkin.ca)