SC - Return of the Dread Recipe Challenge

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Sep 20 16:56:17 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> I would like to relay that I have been to kitchen and
> played with recipe. Soup is not, IMHO, the intent of the recipe and despite
> author's opinion the use of pastry squares indefault of 'noodles' is a
> heavenly and wonderful culinary treat. :-)
>
> Lord Ras (who will now ALWAYS use pastry squares in default of 'noodles' for
> this recipe for ever. :-))

Thought about doing a quick and dirty version with egg matzoh sheets,
myself. I always suspected you to be one of those people who eats the
saltines in the little packet that comes with the soup in a diner ;  )

I think I'll stick with loseyns, myself, for the squares, as I suspect
papdele is a cognate of the Italian papardelle, which is a wide pasta. I
don't speak Italian, but I strongly suspect papardelle comes from a term
meaning "sheets of paper".

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com