SC - period chef's cotes

KandL Johnston woodrose at malvern.starway.net.au
Mon Sep 22 18:51:19 PDT 1997

> Adamantius said:
>
> Gee. The worst thing I've ever done to an innocent piece of garb was to
> leap headfirst into a lit convection oven while wearing my lovely white
> 14th century Mediterranean cook's cote that Mistress Katherine
> Gilliesfleur made me. (How's THAT for gonzo?)

Helpful hint (I hope): One thing we always do before making garb for anyone who
works near a Kitchen or camp fire is to burn test the fabric. Small piece of
fabric, lit match, how fast does it burn.

Natural fabric have a much lower burn rate, so therefore are safer in these
Rudolf von der Drau and Nicolette Dufay
Baron and Baroness, Stormhold

. . .But our mums know us as
     Kelley and Lillian Johnston