SC - cooks' cotes

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Mon Sep 29 14:47:33 PDT 1997

Greetings unto Adamantius,

You said:
>>>Well, I may have one picture which, if I can find it, could probably be
scanned and e-mailed or posted. Essentially it is a fairly standard
14th-century cote, distinguished from a cotehardie by the fact that it
doesn't fit quite as closely, is longer, and generally less ornate than
a man's cotehardie.<<<<

Yes, I would be interested in seeing a picture of this apron/cote if you
get it scanned in. You can email it to me.

My files are all text right now, but I am thinking about adding pictures.

For the files, a bibliographic referance giving where the picture may be
found would be useful. That way people who can't get graphical images
could still find a picture.

In both messages you've posted you describe the cote you have. I'm still
not sure which (or all) features were period since you really describe
the cote you have and not what can be seen in the pictures.

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com

(Only 12 digests behind)