SC - Mice

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Mon Sep 29 20:32:50 PDT 1997

> When raising dormice for consumption do not feed them cheese. Their natural
> foods are grains and insects (preferrably locusts (e.g. grasshoppers). When
> properly fed dormice will in every case totally ignore the cheese if it is
> offered. Cheese (or, indeed any dairy product) is not a natural food for
> dormice under any circumstances.
> FYI,
> Lord Ras

bacon my lord, bacon! they love bacon and peanut butter...
have catch many a meece in the trap with bacon or peanut butter....
then there was the one who made a nest in my turntable, eating the tiny
wires that went to my 'arm' ... once day I found a biscuit it had pilfered
from the kitchen pulled up to the hole and nibble marks...that was the day
my sis-in-law told me about the bacon trick.  Never fails...
aine