SC - bay leaves

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 30 01:05:21 PDT 1997

Back on Sept 23, Lord Ras answered Noemi:

><< Are bay leaves period?   I have a vague memory that they aren't. . .
> Noemi >>
>
>Bay=laurel. Yes they are. :-)

Ras, I can't really tell if you are pulling my leg or not with that
smiley face. And since you were in a discussion of "period" a few
messages ago let me ask this differently.

Were what we now call bay leaves used as a food flavoring by the
European cultures before 1600 AD?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  markh at risc.sps.mot.com