SC - Questions

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Tue Sep 2 19:20:42 PDT 1997

On Sat, 30 Aug 1997 15:24:49 -0500 allilyn at juno.com (LYN M PARKINSON)
writes:
>Hi Julleran,
>
>Last May, we talked about a friend of yours who reads Geman, and might
>want to work with me on translating recipes.  His Grace, Cariadoc, has
>not yet sent me any pages to try to translate, but I do still have
>mine, and some unanswerable [or, rather, not yet answered] questons.

His Grace sent us some pages from a 15th C. German cookbook. Andreas is
working on it, but it's hard cause the printing is in a very hard to read
typeface, and the pages don't seem to be consecutive. We worked on
deciphering the words together for a while, but now he's doing it on his
own. So far, he's finished most of the index and several of the recipes.
They seem to be mainly seafood and fruit recipes with a few vegetable
recipes.

>On Sept 26, I will buy a house in Bethel Park, PA, which is a suburb
>of Pittsburgh.

Congrats!

 Lovely kitchen!

Lucky!

>Still not close--PA is sooo long--but
>closer, and we may meet in the middle at Montvale events, etc.
>
>If your friend is still interested, my address will be
>
>Lyn M. Parkinson
>2738 Ohio St.
>Bethel Park, PA 15102           phone number unknown

I passed it along to Andreas. You might be able to help him with some of
his questions better than I can! I can help him with cooking questions,
but most German is Greek to me! :-) (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

>The e-mail address will stay the same.  I've got sleeper couches, so
>if you need crash space for a BMDL event, let me know.

Thank you for your kind offer.

>Allison

Julleran