SC - Here's the recipe

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 23:32:43 PDT 1997

<< Not having seen the recipe you are all refering to >>

Here is Vehling's translation of the recipe we've been discussing:

[46] A DISH OF SCALLOPS    ISICIA EX SPONDYLIS [1]

[Lightly] COOK SCALLOPS [or the firm part of oysters] REMOVE THE HARD AND
OBJECTIONABLE PARTS, MINCE THE  MEAT VERY FINE, MIX THIS WITH COOKED SPELT
AND EGGS. SEASON WITH PEPPER. [shape into croquettes and wrap] IN CAUL, FRY,
UNDERLAY A RICH FISH SAUCE AND SERVE AS A DELICIOUS ENTREE [2].

The polenta idea sounds like it would work also. Back to the drawing. :-)
However, I still think that the cream puff pastry works rather well. And the
words which are written in small letters are an addition by the author, not
found in the original (CAPITAL LETTERS).

Lord Ras