SC - Violets

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Sun Sep 14 15:05:46 PDT 1997

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 14:53:35 +1000 Meliora & Drake
<meliora at macquarie.matra.com.au> writes:
>Hello,
>
>        I'm currently making Violet syrup which involves suspending
>batches>of violet flower petals in sugar syrup (this from Elinor
Fettiplate). >Any>suggestions on what uses the petals might have after
being removed >from the>violet-flavoured sugar syrup?
>>Thanks,>>Meliora de Curci.

They are beautiful arranged on the icing of a cake as a decoration.  I
like a pale lemon.  Try them as a breast garnish on an endored chicken.
I decided to store some of mine in the freezer to keep for a later date.
Doesn't work.  Yucky!  If they dry nice and crunchy (from the crystals)
you can set out a little dish of candy.

Allison