SC - Saunders

Jamey R. Lathrop jlathrop at unm.edu
Mon Sep 15 15:35:32 PDT 1997

> I have this general recollection that it has something to do with
> sandalwood, but I obviously need to practice reading with attention to
> detail.
>
> So, folks, how would a new cook in West Virginia find either (a) saunders
> (not George) or (b) an acceptable substitute?
>
> =Caitlin

Francesco Sirene, Spicer, sells saunders (red sandalwood).  He has a web
site offering a good variety of stuff.  The spices he carries can be found
at:

	http://www.silk.net/sirene/spices.htm

I'm sending off an order for a bunch of stuff, including saunders, as
soon as I make it to the post office and find out how much postage a
letter to Canada requires.  :-)

I would imagine that the East Kingdom Pepperer's Guild also carries
saunders.  I haven't yet received the product list I requested recently,
so perhaps someone who's done business with them in the past can inform us
as to whether or not they sell it.

Allegra Beati
Barony of al-Barran
Outlands