SC - A Mixed Bag (So to Speak)

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Mon Sep 15 19:04:42 PDT 1997

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997 08:16:49 -0400 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:

>Any sugar cooked to the hard crack stage can be worked like glass. I
>even have a gizmo that is for "glass-blowing" sugar syrups, but I
>haven't developed any skill with it yet. Check out the "Goud Kokery"
>volume of "Curye on Inglysche" for fifteenth-century sugar plate
>recipes
>resembling sugar glass, as opposed to the later ones which call for
>making a paste with gum tragacanth, etc.
>
>Adamantius
>Phil & Susan Troy
>troy at asan.com

Thank you. Now, where would I find it? I sent money and instructions to
Pennsic with my husband to find me "Curye on Inglysche" but none of the
booksellers he tried had a copy of it. (He did get me "Goodman of Paris"
and the obligatory T-shirt, so I wasn't *too* upset.:-)) Is it available
ILL? On line?

Julleran