SC - Types of Feasts...

Tue Sep 16 09:45:35 PDT 1997

  I was just wondering how cooks in other kingdoms develop their feast
  based on the 'type' of event they are cooking for.  For example, I have
  been asked to cook for a Dance Symposium here in Ansteorra.  I plan to
  do  sideboard of 'finger' foods. This will minimize the 'sit down'
  aspect of feast and increase the amount of time for dancing.  Just
  wondering if anyone else has interesting ideas on this.....

The first soteltie my wife made was for a Carolingian Dance event... it was
a series of 3 couples (recognizable local, including the Baron and Baroness)
dancing the Carolingian Pavan on a cake.

We did a simple one course feast, actually, and a desert board with finger
foods instead.  The format was classes all afternoon, a dinner break, and
dancing all evening.

	Tibor (Autocrat, and my "girlfriend" made the feast)