SC - Flower fritters

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Sep 17 07:17:40 PDT 1997

LYN M PARKINSON wrote:

> Hi Margali,
>
> Do you cook your battered flowers in a deep fat fryer?  I've read of
> these and think that I did some squash ones a looong time ago.  I have
> recipe for sage leaves in batter from my German cookbook.  Don't have
> deep fat fryer, and wonder if the stuff is good enough to bother
> looking
> for one at a flea market.
>
> Regards,
>
> Allison
> allilyn at juno.com
> Master Chirurgeon, Companion des Lindquistrings, Princess' Order of
> Courtesy

In a pinch put an inch-inch and an half in a good solid frypan and do it
that way. We like playing with food, and we deepfry all sorts of
things-we use a good commercial oil and ceep it filtered well.

If they still make the fry-baby, I seem to remember it was in the $20
range for the longest time, though I admit mine is an imported one with
the internal basket and several settings-and it cost a bit as well.

If you like artichoke hearts, somewhere I have a good recipe for
battering them with rue in the batter...

though almost anything can be frittered if it will hold still long
enough-knight, laurel...

margali