SC - Cook's badge

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 18 14:25:53 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - Cook's badge                        9/18/97

<snip>
I hate to say this but the fraternity atmosphere exists no matter what. I have

a hard time just going up and saying "Hi".  I do have the advantage that I can
watch a couple of fighters and by virtue of my belt introduce myself and offer
training and fighting tips, thereby becoming aquainted with someone with
similar
interests.
<snip>

and those of you who are "sombodies" with fancy hats or other regalia often
seem unapproachable to those of us who have nothing more than an aoa, if that.
 A badge would also mean "hi, if you have one of these you are welcome to come
and introduce yourself", and it would eventually get out to people that the
badge meant "hi, even if you don't have one of these, I will happily talk your
ear off about food if you ask".  Here we are all meeting eachother on equal
footing, with no preconceptions or old-boys-club syndrome.  I think a badge
would carry that out of virtual-reality and into common event reality.
- -brid
(mouthy/shy depending on company, only an AoA, still waithing to be told what
to draw- a wheeled salamander!, then it is a nef and a pun on the heating
device!)