SC - Return of the Dread Recipe Challenge

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Thu Sep 18 19:37:49 PDT 1997

<< "IV: FORME OF CURY
   26  Hares in Papdele. Take hares; perboile hem in gode broth. Cole the
   broth and waisshe the fleyssche; cast a3eyn togydre. Take obleys o6er
   wafrouns in defaute of loseyns, and cowche in dysshes. Take powdour
   douce and lay on; salt the broth and lay onoward & messe forth." >>

I'm not quite sure about this one but it appears as if you parboil hares  ( I
would substitute rabbits because they are readily obtained). It then says to
wash meat (in the since of clean I would be more disposed to remove the meat
from the bonessince 'washing it appears to serve no purpose. I would then put
the meat back in the broth. (At this point the recipe sounds liked stewed
rabbit of somre sort therefore I would continue cooking it until the broth
reduced and the meat was tender.

Next we are instructed to take prebaked pastry squares or wafers if you don't
have wide noodles ( losenges coulld also be a type of sweet dessert but I
think not in this recipe) and place them in the bottom of a dish ( soup plate
would be the logical choise here). Sprinkle Powder dolce over the noodles.
Taste the broth and add salt to taste. Scoop over top of noodles and serve
it.

Sounds yummy! Unfortunately I was unable to go to the kitchen and try it. :-(

Lord Ras