SC - Julleran's Sugar/C

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Sep 19 09:39:36 PDT 1997

> As far as I know, there are three types of citrus fruit limes. Persian
>
> limes and Tahitian limes are the Old World varieties, although the
> Tahitian lime was discovered by Europeans more or less after the
> discovery of the New World Lime, which is the Key lime. Persian limes
> are pretty much the only period option, but you'd be most likely to
> find
> them in Indian and Persian dishes. Persian limes are small, maybe two
> inches across, roundish, and have a thin skin. (Key limes are even
> smaller, spherical, with an even thinnner skin, which is almost yellow
>
> when ripe). Tahiti limes, which have achieved the status thay have
> reached in spite of being kinda insipid, but are generally seedless,
> easy to peel, and travel extremely well, are large, oblong, and with
> the
> ubiquitous bumps at either end.
>
> Adamantius

then could it be lemons? i remember reading that either the lemon or
lime was a recent mutation, but i honestly thought it was the lime. But
i do know that the english lime tree is not a citrus though.
margali, who needs to unpack all the books in storeage-but thwn there
would be no room for people in the house...