SC - Re:Lutefisk and a recipe for Lefse

LadyBetta at aol.com LadyBetta at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 15:28:59 PDT 1997

As someone who has had Lutefisk and HATES it. I much prefer the side dishes
mother used to serve with it. I.E. with Lefse
3C Mashed Potatoes Cooled
1/2 t Baking Powder
1T Sugar
1t Salt
1/2 C shortening
1 1/2 C Flour
Place cool mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl, add shortening, and mix.
Mix dry ingredients together, add to potato mixture and knead until mixture
is smooth and pliable, roll them out thinly and fry them up and serve with
lots of butter and cinnamon. They're good hot or cold!
I'm thinking that a hot cast iron skillet over a camp fire or stove would
make this a great addition to breakfast or as a treat. What do you think?
Lady Betta