SC - thanks

Annette M. Stroud jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Sun Sep 21 14:20:08 PDT 1997

> What was peoples first ercipe they learned?
I believe mine was spaghetti.

> Mine was a baked custard followed by souffle when I was 8.
> What got you interested in medieval cooking?
> It was the food at events.
> margali

I evinced an interest in cooking when I was @ 8.  My mother
got me a Betty Crocker cookbook for Christmas--not the kids'
one,, the new entertaining one.  My mother and I began swapping
off Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners the next year, and in
high school i wasn't just starting dinner every night, I was cooking
it about 4 out of 5 weeknights.

I got interested in medieval cooking by reading some cookbooks
that friends had and by observing that some "great cooks" were
serving Rice-A-Roni at feasts, and wondering what the alternatives
were.

Berengaria

Annette M. Stroud
astroud at adm.law.du.edu