SC - Held up feast

Kathleen M Everitt kathe1 at juno.com
Sun Sep 21 14:41:39 PDT 1997

On Sun, 21 Sep 1997 00:18:57 -0600 yumitori at marsweb.com (Ron Martino Jr)
writes:

>	I've actually seen this problem from another side - in
>Artemisia we
>often hold court *after* the feasts, so as to not spoil the cooks'
>efforts. We ran into a major problem with this practice at a Solstice
>Court one year, when the feast ended up taking so long (reasons why
>are
>in dispute), that we ran out of time to finish the court business. The
>site closed at midnight, and the deadline was so firm that the manager
>called the police when we weren't gone by a quarter after. Everything
>was eventually taken care of, but I have absolutely no wish to go
>through a similar situation ever again.
>
>	Yumitori

When we lived in Ansteorra, they held court during the feast. It worked
just fine. Of course, most events were fairly small back then, so they
could be held easily in the feast hall. At many East Kingdom events, you
couldn't hear their Majesties at half the tables - at least, and the
tables are usually so close together that people called up could never
get through. Does Ansteorra still hold court during feasts?

Julleran