SC - cloven fruit

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Mon Sep 22 09:32:00 PDT 1997

>From desultorily perusing various modern illustrated French cookbooks, I
- -think- "Frangipan" means pastry dough with marzipan IN it, or at least
significantly almond-enhanced.  I'm pretty sure I've seen the term in
Jacques Pepin's various volumes, and seen it at least once in a Julia
Child.

Don't know if I'm going to be able to stay on this list 8-(; the volume
is SO huge, even tho the stuff is great!

Chimene
 ----------
| From: Griff41520 at aol.com
| To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
| Subject: Re: SC - cloven fruit
| Date: Monday, September 22, 1997 8:26AM
|
| Does anyone know the difference between marzipan and frangipan? (not
| fraginpani the scent) Is Frangipan period?  I heard it discriped as an
almond
| paste that puffs when baked.  I think its the stuff you find in almond
| pastries, which I thought was marzipan.  I would love to do some
| experimenting with it.
| thank you
| Ivy~

SCA-Cooks".