SC - Cooks as Laurels

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 16:29:20 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-09-22 13:38:42 EDT, marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
writes:

<< I think the justification is that if it is someone who does a *lot* of
 research from priomary sources and developes recipes, etc., then they should
 be laureled, as this is "art".   >>

Since I have coooked at least a dozen or more 'period' feasts and researched
, redacted, and developed every recipe used therein from period sources, I
guess that means I should be 'laureled'?  Since I am not I would presume that
other criteria such as teaching, publishing, chilvary, etc. also are also
used as criteria. Methinks that many things go into the making of a Laurel
not just talent.

Lord Ras