SC - Deep fat frying/rabbit

Jessica Tiffin melesine at ilink.nis.za
Tue Sep 23 14:22:59 PDT 1997

>There was a discussion on that within the last year on the Rialto (or
>here?). I think it finally worked down to the Romans introduced rabbits
>to Britain first. Native hares had always been there. Sometime after
>the Romans left the rabbits died out. They were then re-introduced by
>the Normans.
>
>Much of this conversation is in this file in the ANIMALS section of
>Stefan's Florilegium:
>rabbits-msg       (18K)  7/16/97    Medieval rabbits. As pets and food.

I blush.  That'll teach me to read my Florilegium before asking idle
questions.  Thanks, Stefan, and also Adamantius for the original answer.
(I'm a bit behind in digests...)

Has it occurred to anyone that what we really need is Adamantius on CD-ROM
for these arbitrary questions, which will free him up for the really
interesting discussions? :)

In service,

Melesine

Jessica Tiffin