SC - The Case for Cheese

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Wed Sep 24 09:12:50 PDT 1997

> > > I suggest 1) No cheese ; 2) Place the salamanders one above the
> > > other, one facing left one right (sorry, no herald I); and 3)
> > > Include cauldron, one of the symbols of cooking I haven't seen
> > > mentioned yet.
> > >
> > > Esko Sola

> > -------------
> >  What about a salamander on either side of a cauldron?
> >           Aine
> >           )()(
>
> Hmmm... sounds not bad at all... of course, that's just my vote.
> Jasper

Okay, I vote for the cheese, a cauldron (no salamanders, it will
forever make me feel like we're trespassing on Kendal territory--
a reference probably only understood by An Tirians)...and what
would be a medieval representation of a fondue fork?  :-)  :-)

My thoughts here:  it's kind of a "cheesy" badge; most mailing lists
seem to have some kind of group for those who like groups (I'm
one of them), and we could call it "the House of Cheese" (no
coffee yet today, my apologies); Welsh rarebit has at least
mythological medieval origins; and an overwhelmingly popular
list dish seems to be "Savory Cheese Goo".

Hence my thinking, my vote, and probably the fact that I haven't
had breakfast.

Countess Berengaria de Montfort de Carcassonne, OP
Barony of Caerthe
Kingdom of the Outlands