SC - Laurels in Cookery

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 27 06:08:33 PDT 1997

Greetings!  With all the discussion of which kingdoms have cookery
Laurels, I went through the list of Middle Kingdom Laurels...  The
following have received the peerage for their work in cookery:

Aibhilin of Skye (Indian cookery, in particular)
Alice of Kent (brewing & vintning)
Alys Katharine (cookery research & period confections)
Antonio di Casa d'Acqua (brewing & vintning)
Aramanthra the Vicious
Basilicus Phocas
Cordelia Tichy
Dulcinea Maria Magdalena von Muelburg y Aguilar (also for illumination
 and costuming)
Elizabeth of Dendermonde (currently in the West)
Enid Aurelia of the Tin Isles (included in medieval domestic
technology)
Fulk von Pfaffenhausen
Gwyneth Banfhidhleir
Ingrid Elizabeth de Marksbury
Judith of Kirtland
Mortraeth Colwyn (culinary arts)
Osric Cumbra
Patrick Connor O'Donnell McPhelan (along with woodworking)
Phillippa Hawley
Priscilla the Hun (brewing & vintning, espc. meads)
Rosamund Beauvisage (sugar paste and miscellaneous arts)
Solomon ben Jacob the Levite (brewing & vintning)
Tamarra Amalthea de Romany (herbcraft)
Thaninieyaieres O Ynys Draig Gwyrdd (herbcraft)
Therica Pembroke of Stonegate Manor (diverse arts, including cookery)
Trelogin Tavistok (brewing & vintning)

We have a number who are so inactive they are listed as "inactive" and
there is no indication what they received the Laurel for.  However,
Caellyn Y'Vearn FitzHugh is well known as a cook and producer of our
kingdom's only cookbook; Diana Alene was His Grace Cariadoc's co-editor
of the cookery books; His Grace himself.

Most of the cookery Laurels (I suspect) aren't on this Cooks' List but
many of them have e-mail if you want to write to them.

Alys Katharine