SC - potential problem foods

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Sep 30 22:22:20 PDT 1997

Donna Kenton wrote:

> We always ask people with special dietary needs to contact the cook.
> For one feast, I had to work around allergies, vegetarians, diabetics,
>
> and those who keep kosher.  Not everyone could eat everything I
> served,
> but I tried to get something for each of them in each course.
>
> Rosalinde
> --

I have gone to a famine at Cairo in Carillon before-The meat was third
rate with visible gristle, not marinaded but brushed with
sauce[shashlic] the tebuleh was dry and not made with oil-just water.
then there was goat cheese in everything else.

I admit, i should have asked-my brain farted. I couldnt eat the
shashlic, it had mushrooms. I cant eat goat cheese. The only things i
could eat were the dry bread-no spreads, the dates and fresh fruit. At
least my house has the habit of bringing a killer dayboard so i didnt
starve.

margali