SC - Snails and Salaman

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Thu Sep 11 10:34:03 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - Snails and Salamand                 9/11/97

<snip> knows where her steak comes from, but is now haunted
by images of charred amphibians)
<snip>
worked many years ago in professional kitchens look back on salamanders
with great nostalgia...nowadays one uses a blowtorch!!
<snip>

phew!  *those* things... I have seen them on cooking shows and stuff.  Would
rather have that than the blow torch.  I just drove a local cooking shop nuts
looking for a *real* waffle iron- the kind that you set on the burner.
happily have it now!
- -brid
visions of hot-footed salamandars allayed by those of heraldic/myth
salamanders toasting cheese bits
(anybody see the "home improvement" episode where the construction guys cooked
with blowtorches and such?  way off topic yes, sorry)